Rockingham County, NC
Spring is officially in full bloom which means there’s lots of buzz happening in the small towns of Western Rockingham County. When you stop by the towns of Madison, Mayodan, and Stoneville some of the first things you notice are the folks are friendly, the shops are inviting, and the taps and grills somehow speak to your soul.
From cat head biscuits to craft brews and burgers, there is literally something for everyone when you visit these quaint towns. Already have your belly full? The inviting and unique shops can help you with a little retail therapy. Looking to cool off and float your cares away? The multiple river outfitters can help you plan and navigate your trip.
Be sure to plan your visit around one of the amazing events lined up this spring/summer for the ultimate Small Town USA experience in Western Rockingham County:
- April 30th from 10am – 9pm – “Spring into Madison” Festival
- April 30th from 12 noon – 4pm – Pony Day Cornhole Tournament in Madison
- April 30th from 6pm – 9pm – Brother’s Pearl Concert provided by the Mark Puckett Foundation
- May 5th from 6pm – 9pm – Cinco de Mayo Celebration in Madison
- May 6th and June 3rd from 6pm – 8pm – First Friday’s in Mayodan
- May 7th at 1pm – Stick Horse Derby Race in Madison
- July 16th from 4pm – 9pm – Beach’n’ BBQ in Madison
– Tara R. Martin